There’s SO MUCH upcoming. I’m just going to write about 3 of them here and leave the rest for another post.
1. BONGANI in Woodstock! I’m performing my solo show, Bongani, at the Woodstock Jewish Congregation, spiritual home of my mentor, Carol Fox Prescott.
Sunday, April 29, 3:00 PM
Woodstock Jewish Congregation, 1682 Glasco Turnpike, Woodstock, NY 12498
2. NOW FORAGER is screening at this super-cool festival in Austin on May 1st. I’m very sad I can’t be there. (Not only because it’s cold and rainy up here.) http://nowforager.com/
3. We’re performing the beautiful IN THE VOICE OF OUR MOTHERS Sunday May 6th at Brooklyn Heights Synagogue. 131 Remsen St, Brooklyn, NY, (718) 522-2070. For reservations please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. http://www.inthevoiceofourmothers.com/
Tiffany Esteb and Gabrielle Maisels attend the 2012 New Directors/New Films Opening Night Gala at the Museum of Modern Art on March 21, 2012 in New York City.
Check out this great photo of Gabrielle at the opening night Gala for New Directors/New Films! This is a great festival and you can check out Now, Forager this upcoming Friday March 30th at 9 PM and Sunday April 1st at 4:30 PM!
Gabrielle has been getting great press for her supporting role as April, a stuck up Republican faux-foodie that Lucien cooks for. Hollywood Reporter said that she is a “[N]oteworthy newcomer…” and her performance is “sparkingly vivid.”
For more information on the film and to get tickets to the New Directors/New Films screenings please click here!
-Hannah (Production Coordinator)
I’m so pleased to announce that I will be performing Bongani on Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012, 7:30 PM at GWU.
The performance will be in Studio XX, 814 20th Street NW, Second Floor, Washington DC, 20052.
Admission is FREE and there are no advanced reservations so be sure to get there early to get a good seat!
I’m grateful to the Africana Studies Program and the Department of Theater and Dance for sponsoring this performance. Thank you also to the English Department and The Program in Judaic Studies and the Women’s Studies Programs for their additional sponsorship.
For questions about this performance, please contact: Hannah Vaughn, Production Coordinator, email@example.com.
Now, Forager, the indie feature that I was recently a part of has just been accepted as part of the New Directors, New Films Festival in NYC!
See sidebar for screening times!
Filmmakers Jason Cortlund and Julia Halperin are now moving forward with their next project, Lumberjunkies. I was part of a workshop reading of this BRILLIANT script and was thrilled to hear Jason just won Honorable Mention at the 2011 San Francisco Film Society Awards. Keep track of this project. It’s going to be amazing.
• February 14th, 2012 –“June and Nancy”
by Michelle Ramoni
Michelle and I are performing love scenes from her gorgeous new play as part of the Blue Valentine evening at Stage Left…
Stage Left, 7:30 PM, 214 W. 30th St, 6th Floor
• February 21, 2012 – “In the Voice of Our Mothers”
written and directed by Carole Fox Prescott
…and one week later, I’m at Stage Left again! This time with this beautiful piece retelling the Exodus stories from the point of view of the women. Yeah!
Stage Left, 7:30 PM 214 W. 30th St, 6th Floor